Last Updated: April 24, 2023
- WHAT WE COLLECT. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to you (“Personal Information”) in a range of different ways:
- Information You Provide. When you access our Platform, create an account with us through the Platform or on a Partner Site (“Account”), contact us, engage in surveys, submit orders, or choose to act as a delivery driver with us, we may collect certain information from you which you provide to us through the registration process and your use of the Platform, including without limitation:
- Information that can identify you personally, including your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, date of birth, billing and delivery address, signature, your Account username and password, copy of government-issued identification (such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID, resident card, etc.), auto insurance policy number, Department of Motor Vehicle driver records, chat and correspondence, marketing preferences, and payment information (e.g., bank account and/or card information) relating to any transactions that we process or facilitate (“Identification Information”). In some cases, payments for cannabis related products and services may be made to third-party, licensed cannabis dispensaries and not to us; otherwise, however, payments will be made to us. Customers between the ages of 18 – 20 must provide a valid doctor’s recommendation. We store only a limited quantity of payment information and do not store complete payment information on our own servers;
- Your browsing history and information regarding your interaction with our Platform or an advertisement (“Internet or other Electronic Network Activity Information”). See the Information Automatically Collected and Cookies sections below for more information;
- Information from the device from which you access the Platform, including operating system type, device and browser type, online identifiers, Internet Protocol address, and unique device identifiers (“Device Information”). See the Information Automatically Collected and Cookies sections below for more information;
- Your professional or employment-related information (“Occupation Information”);
- Certain protected characteristics such as your gender, age, any physical or mental disability or condition (“Protected Information”);
- Your spending patterns, preferences, tendencies, and history (“Commercial Information”);
- Geolocation Information;
- A photo of you for security and safety purposes and any call recordings; (“Audio/Visual Information”);
- Survey or contest information you provide (“Survey Information”); and
- Inferences drawn from any information to create a profile about an individual reflecting the individual’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes (“Profile Information”). See the Information Automatically Collected and Cookies sections below for more information.
- Some of the information we collect, as described above, may qualify as “Sensitive Personal Information.” In particular, Sensitive Personal Information includes government-issued identification, payment information, Protected Information, and geolocation information. We collect and use Sensitive Personal Information to: provide the Platform and other services to you; ensure the security and integrity of the payment process and our systems; undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our Service; detect, prevent, and investigate security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions; and to ensure the physical safety of natural persons.
- Information We Get From Others. We may also get Identification Information or other information about you from other sources; for example, we may collect such information about you through any third-party providers, services, or tools to the extent that your use of their services led to or relate to your use of the Platform. If you communicate, enter into transactions for goods and services, receive deliveries from, or participate in certain promotional offers with third parties (e.g., Third-Party Integration & Ads as defined in the Terms) such communications, transactions, and/or participation may be serviced or fulfilled by one of our licensed third-party partners. We may collect information about you from licensed third-party partners and from our delivery drivers, based on your interactions with them, of a similar type and treated in the same manner as the information we collect from you directly through the Platform. We may add this to information we get from the Site and/or Platform.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile phone. For example, when visiting our Site and/or Platform, we collect Device Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Information, and Profile Information (each, as defined above). We also automatically log information when you communicate with us directly, such as by telephone, email, or live chat, in order to ensure that you have a satisfying customer experience.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Platform and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Platform.
If you access the Platform on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through these settings.
- Geolocation. We and our service providers may collect geolocation information from your mobile device automatically if you act as a delivery driver, or if you permit such access as a recipient, in order to facilitate accurate delivery times and locations, as well as confirm the delivery area is permitted by applicable law. Geolocation information is available and collected while the Grassdoor Platform is in use. Drivers should ensure location settings are set to “Always Allow” while on shift.
- Minor Information. Grassdoor is committed to protecting the online privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18, and we do not permit children under age 18 to create an Account. We take children’s privacy seriously and encourage parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. If you have questions or concerns about the internet and privacy for your child, we encourage you to check out http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We use your Personal Information as follows:
- To create and maintain your Account, including your shopping cart;
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request or purchase on the Site, through the Platform, or on Partner Sites;
- To complete identity verification, process your transactions, ensure compliance with appropriate city, county, and state laws, and verify that you are of the minimum legal age to use the Platform;
- To restrict access to the Platform (for legal or compliance reasons) and to facilitate and improve your use of the Platform;
- To verify your eligibility to act as a delivery driver;
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- To request feedback and driver ratings;
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- To provide you with tailored marketing;
- To link or combine user information with other Personal Information in order to provide targeted advertisements, promotions, and products based on the user’s purchase history, products viewed, location, average cart size, and number of items purchased;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to ensure compliance with relevant state and local laws;
- To facilitate your legal procurement of cannabis and cannabis products;
- To maintain appropriate records according to their ordinary business practices and city, county or state laws;
- To facilitate deliveries by licensed retailers and drivers, for example, to determine your location and to verify your identity using a government-issued identification (if required); and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to exercise our legal rights.
Aggregated Information. We may aggregate Personal Information and use the aggregated information, which is not Personal Information, to analyze the effectiveness of our Platform, to improve and add features to our Platform, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may analyze the general behavior and characteristics of users of our Platform and share aggregated information like general user statistics with prospective business partners. We may collect aggregated information through the Platform, through cookies, and through other means described in this Policy.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may share Personal Information without further notice to you as follows:
- Parent Company and Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with our Parent Company and/or affiliate companies.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share Personal Information with those who need it to do work for us, such as third-party tools, consultants, shipping processors, and technical services necessary for our business operations, including without limitation legal compliance, marketing, advertising, communications, shipping, payment processing, estimate delivery times and locations, analysis of statistics, server hosting, management of databases, customer support, etc. In some instances, service providers will be directly responsible to you for their use of your Personal Information. They may be obliged by law to provide you with additional information regarding the Personal Information that they hold about you and how and why they process that information. Further information may be provided to you in a separate notice or may be obtained from such service providers directly, for example, via their websites.
- Advertising Networks: We may share the cookie information you provide from your use of the Platform, with our advertising network providers such as Google AdSense and Facebook Ads.
- Advisers and financial institutions, including, auditors, notaries, business continuity support service providers, and legal, tax, and risk and compliance advisors.
- Third Parties in Business Transactions: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Government Bodies: We may share Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) protect and defend the rights and property of Grassdoor, our agents, customers, and others, including by enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms; (iii) prevent fraud; (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person; or (v) protect against legal liability.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information, which is not Personal Information, with others for their own uses.
- INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your Account and our business dealings with you.
If you provide your telephone number, you acknowledge and agree that we and/or our Partners may contact you, including but not limited to for promotional, informational and other purposes, using SMS text messages, cellular or telephone calls, and push notifications (if applicable) even if you have opted in to the National Do Not Call List, any state equivalent Do Not Call List or the internal Do Not Call List of any company, and that such messages and calls may be sent using automatic dialing systems or artificial or prerecorded voice messages, as detailed in the Terms. You are not required to consent to receive SMS text messages or phone calls as a condition of using the Platform. If you would like to opt out of text messages or calls, you may text “STOP” from the device receiving such communications to the source number. If you would like to opt out of all communications from us, please contact our customer support team via the contact information provided below.
You may send requests about your Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You may be able to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, update, or delete your Personal Information. For information about the rights of California residents, please see the following “Additional Information for California Residents” section.
- SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Your Personal Information is only accessible, on a need-to-know basis, by a limited number of employees who have special permissions. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information as it is transmitted to us.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username or password for your Account with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, please contact us immediately as detailed below.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, we may choose various third-party websites (e.g., vendors, partners) to link to within our Site and/or Platform. We have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent from us. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such websites.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. In accordance with California law, this section is intended to inform California residents of (1) the Personal Information that we collect and to whom we disclose that information, and (2) the privacy rights California residents may have relating to their Personal Information and how those rights can be exercised.
- To understand what Personal Information we may have collected about you, and from where we collect it, please see the “What We Collect” section above.
- We collect this Personal Information, as further described in the “Use of Personal Information” section, to operate, manage and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives.
- We disclose the following categories of Personal Information for business or commercial purposes to the categories of recipients listed below:
For more information about how your information is shared, please see the “Sharing of Personal Information” section above.
- Access: The right to access a copy of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Correction: The right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we hold about you, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of the processing of the Personal Information.
- Deletion: The right to request that we delete or anonymize your Personal Information, with certain exceptions.
- Sale/Sharing Opt-out: The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
- No Retaliation: The right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights.
Additionally, California residents may have the right to request the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the year preceding the request, the names and addresses of such third parties, and, in certain circumstances, examples of the products or services marketed by such third parties.
Exercising Your Right to Access, Correction, or Deletion: If you would like to submit a request to access, correct, or delete your information as a consumer or as an authorized agent, of if you would like to request the categories of Personal Information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration, or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an Account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity on your Account, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information that we already possess about you on file for verification. If it is not reasonably possible to identify you adequately, we may not be able to respond to your request.
Authorized Agents: You may exercise your California Privacy Rights through an authorized agent. If you do so, we require the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave them permission to submit the request on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your identity directly with us.
You can learn more and opt out of the use of your information for these purpose by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of our Site.
We also recognize the Global Privacy Control as a valid request from you to opt out of the use of certain analytics and advertising cookies.
The categories of personal information disclosed that may be considered a “sale” under California law are: Identification Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Device Information, and Profile Information.
The categories of third parties to whom Personal Information is disclosed that may be considered a sale are Partners and Advertising Networks.
We do not sell, or have actual knowledge of any sale of, the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- CONTACT INFORMATION. We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us at email@example.com